This course is addressed to small groups (5-6 participants) of teachers, trainers, educational counsellors, career counsellors, school psychologists and headmasters.
Considered to be the international language of business, English is the most widely learned second language and an official language of the European Union and of many other world and regional international organisations.
This intensive English language course is offered as a 6-week (or 30-hour) full immersion in English language, ensuring a good balance between grammar topics and conversation.
The course is designed to be tailored to the needs of two levels of knowledge: Pre-Intermediate (for participants with A2 level) and Intermediate (for participants with B1 level). Each participant can choose the level that best suits his/her needs. The groups will be separated to grant homogeneity and ensure language improvement for everyone.
The intermediate course is ideal for secondary teachers and trainers who teach their subjects in English and seek to further improve their level of English. The basic course is ideal for educational staff with a low level of English, for teachers taking the first steps towards CLIL and for teachers interested in working in a European project in which the working language is English.
We work with all levels of English, and try to cater to the individual needs of each participant.
Thanks to this course participants will:
- Improve their comprehension of spoken and written English;
- Master English grammar rules from simple to complex structures;
- Distinguish the difference between international business English and English spoken locally;
- Improve their writing skills and learn how to write a resume, cover letter and other styles of writing in English;
- Participate in group projects and thus strengthen their presentation skills in English;
- Be introduced to different English learning methods and tools to help further their language study.
Course duration: 6 weeks
Start dates: Every Month
Classes per week: 5 lessons per week (each lesson lasts 50 min)
Class days: Monday – Friday
Course duration: 30 hours
Start dates: Variable
Classes per week: Variable (each lesson lasts 50 min)
Class days: Monday – Friday (tailored)
- Present Simple and Continuous
- Comparative and Superlative
- Past Simple and Continuous
- Present Perfect
- Going to and Will for predictions and future events and spontaneous decisions
- Adverbs of frequency and manner
- Modal verbs (have to/ need to for obligation, be able to, must for deduction)
- Present simple passive
- When/While/As soon as/1st conditional
- Used to + Verb