THE BUSINET STUDENT CONFERENCE
Antwerp 26 -30 March 2023
Businet has hosted a student conference annually for over 20 years. The student event is designed to enable you to interact with new people, from different cultural backgrounds, to work and develop together in the beautiful city of Antwerp. You will also get the chance to sample Experiential Learning* in a different environment. The concept of bringing students from different countries and institutes together, to network and learn, has been one that Businet has championed since 1997. Since 2020 the event has been hosted virtually. 2023 will see a slightly different style event hosted by Thomas More Kempen.
The “Thinking Employability” event 2023 features a programme that will:
- identify and explore Employability Skills
- encourage Reflective Thinking
- provide the opportunity to sample Experiential Learning
- introduce the concept of Emotional Intelligence.
- assist students to identify and develop skills and self-awareness through reflection
- have students attend sessions on intercultural competencies, delivered by the staff of Thomas More
- be introduced to local companies / organisations
The programme will be delivered by members of industry and by academics in the disciplines that underpin the conference aims.
In Antwerp the conference events will be held at the Campus National of Thomas More (address: Kronenburgstraat 62, 2000 Antwerp Belgium).
A dedicated App will be made available before the conference to help delegates get maximum benefit from the event and to assist with communication between delegates.
There are 80 places available. Registrations have to be made by 12 January 2022. We would like students of differing nationalities from participating universities if at all possible.
Thomas More will organize a Sunday afternoon activity for the students so that they will get to know the city.
Students will be accommodated in twin / double rooms for 4 nights at The Ibis hotel Meistraat 39 which is centrally located and just 1km from the campus.
*Experiential learning is the process of learning through experience and is more specifically defined as “learning through reflection of doing”
Businet Student Conference
14.00 on Sunday 26 March to 13.00 on Thursday 30 March 2023
Location of Accommodation
We will use the IBIS hotel. Meistraat 39, Belgium, which is centrally located and a km from the conference venues.
Location of Activities
Level 5 students (EQF) studying any discipline
- 4 nights in a centrally located 3-star hotel on a shared room basis. Single rooms are available at a supplement
- one evening meal, plus a subsidy towards a meal with working group members
It does not include travel to Antwerp. Travel arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the individual, or their institution.
Start TimeMarch 26, 2023 - 8:00 am
End TimeMarch 30, 2023 - 5:00 pm
WebsiteView Organizer Website
OrganizerThomas More Kempen
LocationAntwerp, Belgium + Google Map